McKinney Mommas: Deliciously Easy Entertaining With Whole Foods Market Google+

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Deliciously Easy Entertaining With Whole Foods Market

Disclosure: I received samples of products from Whole Foods Market to facilitate this post. However, all opinions are 100% my own and have not been influenced by the products received. 

Wait. 

You're not ready for holiday entertaining yet. 

Not until you've seen this appetizer spread I created from Whole Foods Market.


Whole Foods was my first stop this season for throwing together a quick and easy cheese platter, perfect to impress last minute guests that might drop by.

If you have questions about how to create a quick and easy appetizer platter, here are some of my favorite tips: 
 

McKinney Mommas' Tips For A Delicious Cheese Platter

Tip #1. 

Too many cheeses confuse guests.  Stick to 3 or 4 good quality cheeses.  

Tip #2. 
Be sure to include some nuts or crackers to cleanse the palate between tasting the different cheese. 

Tip #3. 
Use the expertize of the cheesemonger to your advantage. No question is dumb. Explain the purpose of your platter (holiday, wine pairing, etc.) so they can steer you in the right direction.

Tip #4. 
Don't serve your cheese cold! Be sure to set it out an hour before serving to optimize the flavors.  

holiday entertaining, raincoast crisps, brillat savarin

Now, if you're lost, when choosing cheeses for your cheese platter this year, which I often am too - these (3) are a gorgeous choice, and of course most important....delicious too!

1. Le Marechal  - a French raw milk cheese that all levels of cheese lovers will like, nice and nutty similar to a Gruyère

2. Brillat Savarin with Truffles - this is absolutely the BEST cheese I've had in a few years! A triple cream cheese with a bloomy rind (like the classiest version of brie you've ever tasted) with a layer of truffles in the middle!

3. Mons Petit Sornin - this French cheese is washed in a local beer to the region of France that it's made. I'd call this one a "stinky" cheese in my book. It packs a bit of a punch, so I'd only include this cheese if your guests are adventurous cheese eaters.

Your guests will be talking about this cheese platter, for days!

I'm glad this year I was steered towards these three cheeses from Whole Foods Market. 

I have found a new favorite that I will add to any of my cheese boards from here on out - the Brillat Savarin with Truffles is honestly amazing and will wow any of your guest.

Yes, even your in-laws will be singing your praises! (hee, hee) 

Raincoast Crisps, Potter's Crackers

Be sure to grab some Raincoast Crisps (apricot, fig and lemon crackers) and Potter's Crackers - organic artisan crackers to round out your entertaining platter! 

Both of these crackers are beautiful on the platter and are the perfect compliment to the cheeses! 


Happy Holidays, and Happy Entertaining!


1 comment :

  1. The post you have shared is simple informative and great to read. Keep up the great work and keep sharing! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!