McKinney Mommas: My Plan To #GetHealthy with eMeals Google+

Monday, March 18, 2013

My Plan To #GetHealthy with eMeals

My husband cooks dinner more nights than I do, since these two babies arrived.

I'd like to pitch in and cook more meals, but I always feel like I don't have the time or energy to plan what I'm going to make each night.

I'm always thinking "if only the meals were just planned for me", I'd cook more often.  I like to work off recipes and have almost too many to choose from, so end up choosing none most nights.

eMeals is a cool program that I recently stumbled across, that just might solve my problem. Each week you receive an email with 7 unique and delicious dinner recipes (and sides) to your inbox, so your whole week's worth of dinners are already planned.

What's better, is that it also comes with a printable shopping list, so you don't even have to figure out what to buy at the grocery store. It's all spelled out for you.  Oh, and you have the choice of a variety of meal plans like:
  • Gluten Free
  • Classic Meals
  • Vegetarian
  • Natural & Organic
  • Clean Eating
  • Simple Gourmet.....and more

I'm going to try out this program, starting tomorrow.

Here's an example of one of the recipes under - Clean Eating



Horseradish Crusted Tilapia with Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
www.emeals.com | #gethealthy | #getthrifty
Serves 6

Total Cost: $17.26, Cost per Serving: $2.88

Tilapia:
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon horseradish
6 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons butter


Potatoes:
1 pound red potatoes, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Cooking Instructions
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Dijon mustard,
and horseradish. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of tilapia filets, and coat lightly
with breadcrumbs.
2. Heat butter in a skillet, and cook fish over medium heat 4 minutes per side, or until
browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
3. Heat oven to 375¡F. Toss potatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bake on a
rimmed baking sheet for 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time. Serve
potatoes with tilapia.

Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 319, Total Fat: 12.1 g, Saturated Fat: 3.3 g,
Cholesterol: 94 mg, Sodium: 444 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 16 g, Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g,
Sugars: 1.5 g, Protein: 37 g

Wish me Luck!

eMeals - Dinner Done

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!