It's the barbeque from your neighbor's house! Or, it was in my neighborhood anyway today.
That smokey smell reminded me that it's almost summer and the grills are starting to come out of hiding.
Honestly, mine needs to go back into hiding...it needs a major overhaul so I've set my mind to try and WIN a grill one since the ol' budget is tight right now.
Starting, May 23rd, 2015 Jarlsberg® Cheese is going to give you (and me) the chance to do just that - WIN A PROFESSIONAL GRILL!
You'll be able to enter once per week, between May 23rd and August 31, 2015 by filling out an easy form on the Facebook/Jarlsberg USA site.
Each week a winner will be randomly chosen and emailed about their prize.
So, to get you in the mood. Here are some tasty grilled recipes, courtesy of Jarlsberg® Cheese to get you prepped and ready for summer cookouts....and seasoned to win that professional grill (of course).
4 Jarlsberg® Cheese slices
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon steak seasoning
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 ripe tomato slices
4 pieces lettuce
4-8 red onions slices
1. Mix steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce to ground beef and make 4 patties
2. Grill the patties until perfection—8 to 10 minutes. During the last couple minutes of grilling, put 1 slice of Jarlsberg on each patty to melt. Assemble your burger with lettuce, tomatoes and onion slices.
Optional: add crispy bacon pieces to ground beef and mix before grilling and/or as topping.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Jarlsberg® Grilled Fig Pizza
2 cups Shredded Jarlsberg® Cheese
1 pound of dough (buy at your local pizzeria)
1 can crushed tomatoes
Olive oil spray
Toppings as desired
Figs – fresh and as many as you desire
Salt, pepper and basil to taste
1. Before you light the grill, spray olive oil over grill, being sure to cover well. Once grill is hot, gently lay the dough, stretched out already, on the grill.
2. Cook for 3 minutes or until crust starts to brown slightly, then flip.
3. In a separate bowl, mix crushed tomatoes, adding in salt, pepper and fresh basil to taste.
4. Lay tomato mixture and Jarlsberg® Cheese on top of crust, and scatter some fresh, sliced figs.
5. Cover for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Use a large spatula to remove pizza from grill.
ENJOY the recipes...and don't forget to come back May 23rd, to enter to win that professional grill!
I know I won't forget - I can't afford any more embarrassing stares when neighbors peek over my fence at my rusty old grill!