McKinney Mommas: Have an extra coat...or two? Donate to D.I.V.E.'s Coat Drive this week! Google+

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Have an extra coat...or two? Donate to D.I.V.E.'s Coat Drive this week!

Having worked in social services for the past 13 years, I have seen first hand how much a warm coat means to a man, woman or child in need.

Photo by: Clare Bloomfield
At my last job, I had 56 young adults on my caseload who were transitioning out of foster care. Almost every one of them didn't have enough money to afford a nice coat for the winter and COAT DRIVE's were a HUGE blessing to them.



D.I.V.E. (Dallas Independent Venue Exchange) is hosting a coat drive in Dallas this year with November 23rd being the last day to drop off coats at one of their many drop-off locations. 


Click on the photo above to find companies with local Drop-Off boxes in the Dallas area.  All coats will be donated to Genesis Women's Shelter and Austin Street Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!