But, what if you could indulge in just a few more bites and know that you're not adding inches to your waistline, by choosing sugar free candy alternatives?
You'll also feel good knowing that the candy you are passing out to your neighborhood kids won't rot their poor little teeth away!
America's Tooth Fairy and SparX invite you to have a happy and tooth healthy Halloween this year by following these simple steps:
- Check out products with xylitol as an alternative to sugary treats!
- Hand out sugar-free candy to trick-or-treaters. You are still giving them a sweet treat, but without the cavities!
- Host a Halloween party for a good cause benefiting a children’s charity. Everyone can bring a dollar for the charity and a healthy dish to eat at the party.
- Dress up as the Toothfairy and give out multi-colored toothbrushes instead of candy this year.
- For a healthy smile year round, remember to brush and floss twice a day and visit your dentist once every six months! For children ages 6 and up, use a fluoride rinse.
Interested in checking out an all-natural, sugar free candy that actually tastes good? Then look no further than SparX. Believe me, they sent me a sample and I had trouble sharing with my kiddos. These little packets of fruit, berry and citrus hard candies are kinda addictive.
SparX sugar-free candy can be found at select retailers. The stores closest to me that carry it are, Whole Foods, Market Street and Sprouts.
* * *
Here are some other ways you can help to encourage positive oral health and raise money for kids who don't have access to a healthy smile.
- Take a minute to Trick or Treat with America's ToothFairy this year and have your child recognized as an official ToothFairy Helper! This campaign encourages positive oral health habits and raises funds to rescue at-risk children suffering painful, sleepless nights from tooth decay. You can donate here or click here to set up your personal fundraising page. (All public donations go directly to helping at-risk children.)
- Sign up for the FREE America's ToothFairy Kids Club at www.AmericasToothFairyKids.org. Members of this club receive educational activities, tips and a personalized letter from the ToothFairy!
- Also, follow America's ToothFairy us on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest for interesting facts and great tips for a healthy smile!
To find out where the closest SparX retailer is to you, enter your zip code here at the Store Locator Page.