McKinney Mommas: Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment Product Review - Guest Google+

Friday, January 17, 2014

Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment Product Review - Guest

If you remember, a few months ago, I was very disappointed that I did not get to attend the launch party for Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment - and was able to rope my blogger buddy, Jess Self to go have some fun in my place. 
 
She went, she saw, she dined, she sampled, she diapered...well maybe not at the party, but when she got home she was able to give her Dr. Smith's samples for a trial run - and here's her review:
 
* * * 


                        Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment Product Review - by Jess Self


A few months ago, I was invited to attend a launch party for Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment at The Ritz Carlton. It was a fabulous event, where I met Ali Landry and a few of the wonderful people from Mission Pharmacal. I also had the pleasure of meeting several bloggers from the area. At the product launch event, we received wonderful gift bags that included product to take home and put to work.

Just a little background about myself, I have a nine year old daughter who is way past the age of diaper rash but to be honest I don’t even remember what I used with her daily diapering. So I was slightly nervous when I had my son last year knowing I was back to the diapering days and the product selection had grown tremendously over the past decade…

Another tidbit of info that I have yet to share is that my professional career is in Dermatology. I have one semester left to complete my Bachelor Degree in Science as a Registered Nurse.  The past 8 years, I have worked as a dermatology medical assistant and nurse.  The doctor, I worked with, has been in practice for 30 plus years and her favorite protective barrier cream of all time was Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment. But I will be honest, it was not that easy to find at the drug or grocery store. Well, that my friends has all changed now……. You can pick up this liquid gold in a tube or my favorite “Jar” just about anywhere now. Wal-mart, Kroger, and Walgreen’s are just a few of the major chain stores now keeping their shelves stocked with Mission Pharmacal products.

So now on to the subject at hand….. Dreaded Diaper Rash!! Poor little bums get so red and irritated having bathroom business pressed right up to their skin and this situation only gets worse as they start table food and certain foods do not agree with their little tummies!  Our latest bout was due to the horrible antibiotics that my little man had to be on for this yucky virus going around.  It was probably our roughest illness yet since the medicine we had tasted like bitter chalk so I could barely get it down his throat and then it just ate up his bobo skin!!! But Dr. Smiths Rash Ointment saved the day! It goes on smooth like a cream but protects like an ointment. It is very soothing and does not burn or sting when applied. It stays on the skin and doesn’t create caked on crust for the next round. It is easily washed off the hands and doesn’t stain cloth diapers or clothes. Another bonus, it has a very mild clean smell not an overpowering offensive odor. I learned to change the soiled diapers as quick as possible and apply a nice coat of the Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment with each change and in less than 24 hours you will have a Happy Hiney! But don’t stop there because this is a very important tip I learned in the dermatology world. Prevention is key!!! Apply a thin layer with every diaper change and you will never have horrible painful diaper rash again! And that is easy with Dr. Smith’s because it is very reasonably priced and you get a good amount of product for the price. I recommend visiting your local Walgreen’s to pick up some today and get that Baby’s Hiney Happy!

You can visit http://doctorsmiths.com for more information on this product and company.

Check them out on Facebook – www.facebook.com/doctorsmiths or Twitter @doctorsmiths

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!