McKinney Mommas: Get Your Kids To Eat Veggies - Garden Lites Veggie Muffins Google+

Friday, May 30, 2014

Get Your Kids To Eat Veggies - Garden Lites Veggie Muffins

I never thought that I'd be reaching for a Gluten-Free, Vegetarian product when feeling like a sweet treat.  

Seriously.  

When I was pregnant, I actually found myself craving these Gluten-Free Veggie Muffins from Garden Lites, instead of ice-cream or cupcakes (well, depending on the day, I can't say I'd pass up a cupcake....but still).

Veggie Muffins McKinney Mommas


These tasty little bites are frozen, so you can just pop one in the microwave when you're in need of a quick pick-me-up snack.

We tried all (5) flavors:

  • Veggie Blueberry Oat
  • Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip
  • Zucchini Chocolate Veggie
  • Carrot Berry Veggie
  • Golden Corn Veggie

Our absolute favorite was the Carrot Berry Veggie Muffin

Both of my daughters scarfed theirs down and I popped a second in the microwave for myself..or third..or..well, I can't keep count. 

I love how they come out of the microwave steaming hot, and for some miraculous reason, they aren't chewy and tough like most microwaved breads are. 

My mother who happened to be in town when I received these muffins to try described them as "almost like a dessert custard", they really were very moist and tender. 

*McKinney Mommas' Note: I found that 35 seconds (per instructions on box) was too long in my microwave, and 20 seconds was a perfect time to re-heat from frozen.

kids eating veggie muffins


You can find, Garden Lites Veggie Muffins in a box of 4 with an retail price around $3.99.  
 
Find your favorite flavor in the frozen section of your favorite Target, Kroger, Whole Foods, Costco, Walmart and more! 
 
For more information, visit http://www.garden-lites.com/ and be sure to “Like” them on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!