McKinney Mommas: Why doesn't a 15-month old understand "Let's just get our TOES wet?" Google+

Friday, May 18, 2012

Why doesn't a 15-month old understand "Let's just get our TOES wet?"

Decided to get my little peanut out of the house for a bit today, so we took a stroll down to the neighborhood park.

Living in Texas, you basically only have a small window of time between 7-8:00 am to go outdoors before it gets too hot (or so it seems).  

Apparently, arriving to the playground at 10:00am, we missed our window as the slides and equipment were literally so hot, they were burning my hand to the touch. My poor little peanut didn't quite understand why she couldn't play at the park.

It was so hot, and I felt so bad, that I took her next door to the community pool where there is a shallow "splash pad" like area to tip her toes in the water.

Can anyone tell me why a 15-month old doesn't understand:

"We don't have our swimsuits on, so let's just WALK in the water"




......................well, at least we were both "refreshed" on the hot walk home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!