McKinney Mommas: Nominate Your Favorite Health Care Worker For A Real Award! Google+

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nominate Your Favorite Health Care Worker For A Real Award!


Have you ever had a health care worker go above and beyond for you?

It seems like I've had so many hum-drum encounters with health workers (ie. nurses, doctors, pharmacists.....don't get me started on that one) that when there is a positive experience....it really shines brightly in my mind.

For me, it would be the delivery nurse that helped me through my last natural childbirth at Baylor Frisco.  It's terrible that I didn't even catch her name to thank her properly, but there were moments when I really thought I couldn't continue with the pain of my natural childbirth, and this woman was AMAZING!  

This OB nurse, knew just what to say to make me want to keep going with my plan, and exactly how to pat me or touch me in a reasurring way to show that she actually cared. And for anyone who has gone through natural childbirth, believe me....usually the last thing you want is anyone touching you.

I honestly credit her 100% for getting me through my 16 hour labor naturally, I just wish I knew her name so I could nominate her for Save the Children's Real Awards!



 
 
 
 
Do YOU know a health worker that has really made a difference in your life or the lives of someone in your family?

Quick! Take a minute before October 25th to nominate a health worker that you admire at www.theREALawards.com.
 



 
 
Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way for this post.  This post is part of my commitment to spread social good around the world, as a proud member of Mom Bloggers for Social Good and the Global Team of 200!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!