The upcoming movie, Monsters University, starring our favorite monsters Sulley and Mike Wazowski have teamed up with Crest & Oral-B to make tooth brushing and going to the dentist, FUN!
Oral-B just rolled out Crest Pro-Health Stages Monsters, Inc Toothpaste and Toothbrushes!
If you're looking for ways to help your kiddos have fun brushing their teeth, Look for these NEW Monsters, Inc. Crest & Oral-B Pro-Health Stages products in your local Walmart!
PLUS, check out these great tips for getting your kiddo comfortable going to the dentist:
Monsters Can Be Fun and So Can Trips to the Dentist With These Tips from America's ToothFairy!
Fear of the unknown can have a negative impact on a child’s feelings toward their dental visits. Ensuring that your child is familiar with the dental practice and the people that are going to help them keep their smile healthy will ease their fears and make the dental visit go smoothly.
- Visit the dentist with your child prior to their first appointment. Help your child understand what to expect on their visit by taking a tour of the practice and asking the dental assistant or dental hygienist to explain what will be done and demonstrate how each instrument will be used. Not only will this help ease your child’s fears, but it also creates a wonderful learning opportunity!
- For slightly order children, bring them along to observe your routine dental cleaning and exam. This will allow them to ask questions, see how each instrument will be used, eliminate potential fears by observing your experience and help them understand the importance of practicing good oral health behaviors. (Contact your dental office prior to your appointment to advise them that your child will be with you.)
- Regular dental visits will enable your child to develop a sense of familiarity and comfort with the dental team and practice as well provide vital preventive care necessary for a healthy smile.
- Reinforcing concepts such as daily brushing and flossing, by posting a calendar and rewarding your child a gold star or sticker for every day of excellent oral care. Help get your child excited about their next dental visit by bringing the calendar with you to show the dentist.
- Allow your child to bring their favorite toy or blanket with them on their dental visit to give them an added sense of security and comfort.
- Reading can have a soothing and calming effect on your child. Bring their favorite book to read to them during their dental appointment.
- Let your child wear a costume on their dental visit. This special treat can help them view going to the dentist as a fun activity.
* * *
Be sure to follow America's ToothFairy on Facebook and TWITTER. Plus, your kids will have fun receiving quarterly newsletters chock full of fun tips, educational activities and personalized letters from the tooth fairy!
Enter To Win!