McKinney Mommas: Our Adventure to Frisco Commons Park Splash Pad! Google+

Friday, August 30, 2013

Our Adventure to Frisco Commons Park Splash Pad!

Okay, so it's not quite the end of summer, but we're creeping up on it faster than you'd know it.

There's only have a limited amount of time left to take my little peanuts out to enjoy all the fun that summer has to offer here in Collin County, Texas.

So, yesterday, I piled the kids in the new car (actually my very first minivan....but THAT's another story for another day) and we set off for a new adventure at a new splash pad.  Honestly, I think we've only played at 2 splash pads in the area this whole summer. 



Frisco Commons Park (Hope Park)
8000 McKinney Rd. 
Frisco, TX  75034



































If you read my blog very often, you'll know that I've been dealing with a bad back lately, results of a slipped disc and pars fracture, so the idea of running around after kids in a large park is not a very cool thought for me.  So, instead of going to Celebration Park (one of the only other splash pad parks I've been to...and the size of an amusement park...kinda joking, but not really) I opted for Frisco Commons Park.

I'm so happy with my choice.  This splash pad was SO manageable.  Most of the kids were young, 5 and under so I didn't have to worry about my 1 and 2 year old being mowed over by "big kids."  There were plenty of picnic tables under the shaded pavilion for us to get a little relief from the sun and munch on snacks.


"Bravo, Frisco Commons, you just might be my new favorite splash pad park!"



McKinney Mommas' Favorite Features:
  • Bathrooms, literally steps away from the splash pad (SCORE for those of us with newly potty trained toddlers) 
  • Multiple shaded areas with picnic tables
  • Full visibility of the entire splash pad, from any of the shaded sitting areas
  • Parking lot is a very close walk to the splash pad, no need to traverse the whole park to find it.
  • Note: This splash park will close for the season on September 29th, 2013


Overall, we had a really nice few hours playing and cooling off at the park.  I can't wait to take another adventure to a new splash pad before the summer comes to an end.


Any suggestions on which Splash Pad/Park I should visit next in North Dallas or Collin County?

4 comments :

  1. You have the prettiest little mermaids !!, xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice adventure spot.pics are so looking good.thanks for sharing the post.Best adventure travel blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice adventure water park. I really enjoy in this place and thank you for this article I remember my old days digital marketing agency

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The Adventure water park is really good. the place look like natural, the offers and features is nice. i like the place. Top Digital Marketing Agency Services

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!