McKinney Mommas: Reusable Baby Food Pouch - Yummi Pouch Google+

Friday, August 9, 2013

Reusable Baby Food Pouch - Yummi Pouch

So, I try to make my own baby food at home as often as possible.  

You've probably seen me write a few blog posts here at McKinney Mommas about about homemade baby food.

I'll be honest and tell you that many times I break down, and purchase the ready-made organic baby food pouches at the store. When we're out and about, it's just easier than packing their own baby food containers with homemade baby food, a spoon, a bib, a mess, etc.

I remember thinking aloud over the past few years, more than once:

 "If only there was a baby food pouch that I could fill with my own food, and reuse!"


Now there is.................Yummi Pouch to the rescue!































What I like about Yummi Pouch, is that it's not ONLY for moms who make all their own baby food.  

These reusable pouches are also a great way to save money for the moms who feed their babies store bought applesauce or yogurt.  When you buy in big quart containers, it's not easy to figure out how to take smaller portions with you on the go. Now, you can just fill up a Yummi Pouch with the perfect amount of applesauce or yogurt and you have a no-mess snack for your little ones on the go!

So, as you can see, Yummi Pouch works great for all kinds of moms - the cooks and the "not-so-cooks!"


To check out how well Yummi Pouch works, I mixed up a super easy batch of Bananna/Kiwi/Lime Fruit Puree for my little peanuts.

There's a zipper closure at the top of the pouch where you can pour in your homemade baby food.  Sure the opening is a bit small, but I didn't make too much of a mess using a funnel spout pitcher (included in the Little Munchkin Set available at Yummi Pouch). 



The fact that I can refrigerate OR freeze batches of baby food in the pouches they'll be served in is a HUGE time saver for me.  I can just throw a frozen Yummi Pouch in the diaper bag and it'll be thawed and ready to eat by lunchtime.
 
Plus, I know exactly what went into my baby's food.  In this case, Bananas, Kiwis and Lime Juice, that's it.  No preservatives, added sugar or other junk she doesn't need!

The Yummi Pouch online store has all sorts of cool additions you can purchase, like dishwasher safe labels (shown below in green), dishwasher safe decor stickers to make the pouches individual and fun, a funnel pitcher and extra caps (you know how these can roll under the fridge or other hard to find place).  


When your little one has finished their delicious and mess-free snack, you simply open up the zippered top and place in the dishwasher.  I had absolutely no issue getting these pouches clean and ready to fill the next day!


(6) Cool Reasons to Choose Yummi Pouch
1. Dishwasher Safe
2. Freezer Safe
3. BPA and Phthalate free
4. Holds up to 6 ounces
5. Easy to fill through wide top zipper opening
6. Recyclable and fully CPSP compliant




I'm so happy I finally found a solution for saving money (by making my own baby food) and being able to have a convenient way to take my baby food on the go! Thanks Yummi Pouch! 



Questions? Check out Yummi Pouch on Facebook and Twitter (@yummipouch)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!