|Photo by: Michal Marcol/freedigitalphotos.net|
Christmas can be a stressful time for everyone. Big crowds, tight budgets and trying to come up with the perfect gift for friends and family tend to take priority after Black Friday. Make sure to incorporate some love and romance into your holiday season. Even small gestures can go a long way in the romance department.
- Snuggle up and catch a Christmas-themed movie or special. Choose a Christmas-themed romantic comedy. Even a beloved Christmas classic that holds a special place in your heart would do. Pop some popcorn and sit down together to watch and rehash. Add a special dinner beforehand or dessert after. Cook their favorite meal and surprise them with the date night. Everyone loves a romantic surprise.
- Indulge your inner child and make a special breakfast while watching some classic Christmas cartoons are ran every year. Popular classic Christmas cartoons include Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964), The Night Before Christmas (1933), and A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965). You could also opt to watch some newer ones too.
- Find local singing lessons together. Learn to sing duets of your favorite songs and Christmas carols. You can surprise your family and friends at holiday gatherings with what you have been up to. You can also showcase your new talents at local karaoke nights. Alternatively, you can surprise your significant other with a serenade to show off your new found talent. Who needs to buy a singing telegram when you can do it yourself, which would be even more romantic.
- Do your holiday baking together. Everyone loves homemade treats for Christmas gifts, and it doesn't always have to be the woman’s job. Pick out some recipes together and listen to Christmas music while baking treats for parties and gifts. You can wrap them in Christmas candy wrap or tins as a festive gift. Popular Christmas treats could include cookies, brownies, cake pops, fudge and holiday bark.
- Take a mini holiday together. If the stress of the holidays is catching up to you, why not surprise your significant other with a weekend for two. You can go somewhere local but treat yourselves to a spa weekend at a hotel or get away to some place you've been longing to go. A little planning goes a long way with wooing. Take him or her somewhere to see something you know would mean a lot to them. Many towns offer Christmas light displays or other tours. Take advantage of both the holiday and the getaway.
Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to grow closer to your sweetie - don't let the season pass you by without leaving a romantic, fantastic memory of the time together.
McKinney Mommas wants to thank "AC" for authoring this guest post! Happy Holidays!