It's my husband's birthday and I'm also throwing my very first oyster tasting party!
"Shuck the Halls" Oyster & Champagne Tasting Party 2012
McKinney Mommas has some fabulous companies participating in helping us throw this exciting event our family and friends this holiday season.
I want to give a pre-party shout-out to:
- Harbor Island Oyster Co. has a gorgeous selection of oyster related gifts. Personalized oyster shucking knives, oyster lover gift sets (for your favorite married couple) and more!
- You can still order from them in time for Christmas Gifts, if you place your order by December 19.
- Alaska's Kachemak Bay Oysters can be shipped right to your door. Picked out of the pristine cold waters of Alaska's Kachemak Bay.
- I can't wait to taste these briny little babies! Rowan Jacobsen of The Oyster Guide describes the growing environment as: "grown in floating lantern nets surrounded by glaciers and whales on the tip of Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula."
- If it's East Coast Oysters you crave, Island Creek Oysters, grown in the bay of Duxbury, Mass might be for you.
- Order by December 22nd before 10am for delivery straight your doorstep by Christmas Eve!
- If you live in the Boston area, check out their restaurant - Island Creek Oyster Bar on Commonwealth Ave.
Keep your eye out for a post documenting all the Oyster-lovin' and holiday fun we'll be having at our "Shuck the Halls" Oyster and Champagne Tasting Party!
Have YOU ever been to an Oyster party? Any suggestions or advice to share?