You don't have to go to Universal Studios in Florida or California to see life-sized, animatronic dinosaurs, no sir!
A dinosaur adventure awaits you, right in your backyard - well, not literally your backyard, but almost.
The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, in McKinney, Texas is currently featuring 9 - life sized, realistic looking dinosaurs that move and make dinosaur sounds in their Dinosaurs LIVE exhibit - open until February 2nd.
Been meaning to visit? Keep reading to find out about tomorrow's "Preschool Bring Your Grown Up" Day!
Even if you tried, I don't think you could make a nature museum or wildlife preserve any more exciting than this. Not only are there a bunch of very cool looking animatronic dinosaurs at this museum, but they are placed outdoors in a very adventurous landscape, along the Heard's nature trail.
Nestled among trees, and in what could very well be a "natural environment" for these majestic beasts, the dinosaurs seem to come alive even more than if they were found in a museum indoors.
With signs posted along the way, you're sure to not only be entertained, but actually learn a lot of amazing facts about these dinosaurs on your nature walk.
So, bring your friends and family over the holidays to enjoy one of our finest local attractions.
The dinosaurs at Heard Museum are sure to impress your whole family from the tiny tots to the grandparents!
- If you have young children, bring a jogging stroller. That $10 umbrella stroller deal from Walmart isn't gonna cut it on this trail.
- Be sure to wear closed toe shoes, don't want the dusty trail to ruin your pedicure (hee, hee).
- Bring sunblock and hats, while lots of the trail is shaded by the trees, some of it is not.
- The indoor exhibits are wheelchair friendly, but at this time the outdoor trails, including dinosaurs, are not, unless you have a cool 4x4 sort of wheelchair of course.
- Bring plenty of snacks and water - the gift shop sells some of this, but once you are out adventuring, you won't want to retrace your steps for a sip of water.
"Preschool Bring Your Grown Up" Day
November 20, 9AM-5PM
Preschoolers can enjoy a free child admission with the purchase of his or her grown up's admission. Learn about dinosaurs, enjoy a storytime, animal presentation, explore all the museum has to offer and take a guided trail if you like!
Reservations are required to receive this discount.
Please, pre-register at: https://heardmuseum.wufoo.com/forms/preschool-bring-your-grown-up-day/
Schedule of Events
- Ongoing FREE events during the day (9:30am-4:30pm) include: Decorate a tree cookie, Coloring Contest and Mystery Dig (rock & minerals)
- 10:00 am – Guided Trail
- 11:15 am – Storytime & meet an animal
- 2:00 pm – Guided Trail
- 3:15 pm – Storytime & meet an animal