McKinney Mommas: Evenflo Triumph™ 65 LX Convertible Car Seat - REVIEW Google+

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Evenflo Triumph™ 65 LX Convertible Car Seat - REVIEW

With our second child on the way in just 4 short weeks, we decided it was time to "upgrade" our 16 month old to a convertible car seat, and free up the infant car seat for the new peanut to-be.
Evenflo, offered us an opportunity to shop their selection of car seats and choose one to review.  Their website is a great source for information - and I like to do a lot of my shopping research online.  For some reason, I just can't focus well on narrowing down choices and features, in the store with a 16 month old running around at my feet!

It was easy to narrow down what I was looking for on the Evenflo website, as they have checkboxes to elminate (or select) features you want in a car seat.
  • TYPE: Infant, Convertible, All-in-One, Booster or Accessories  =  Convertible, please!
  • STYLE: Rear facing, Forward Facing = BOTH, please!
  • WEIGHT: 5-40, 5-50, 5-65 = Let's go for the LONG TERM with 5-65, please!
  • COLOR: Navy, Red, Black, Blue, Green, Pink = Something neutral, please!

My search results came down to the Evenflo Triumph Advance 65, or the Evenflo Momentum 65 - there didn't seem to be a lot of difference between these two as far as features go.  I think the only differences were that the Triumph has a new harness tightening mechanism, and seemed to have slightly higher ratings on Amazon and other sites I found - so I went with the Triumph Advance 65.

Triumph™ 65 LX Convertible Car Seat


Initially, upon receiving the car seat - I was slightly nervous at the size. It's not tiny, then again it has to be large enough to keep a 65lb child safe.  In actuality, it still wasn't quite as large as some other convertible seats I've seen in the stores. Being that we drive a small car (Honda Civic) I needed to be sure it would fit along side our other infant car seat.

Verdict..............IT FITS! Whew.  My husband installed the seat, in about 10 minutes, mind you he's a safety FREAK so he has to make sure everything is just so.  We were happy to find that the Triumph 65 has the LATCH system, for a safe and secure fit, just like our infant car seat that we loved so much.

Since my daughter is tall, i.e. her legs already touch the back of the seat when rear facing, and now meets the weight requirement for forward facing- we decided to try installing the seat facing forward. the LATCH system was easy to use, and didn't cause us any trouble.



I love the "Infinate Slide Harness" feature, so you don't have to re-thread the whole harness strap when your little one grows taller.  I remember with our first infant car seat, having to wait till my husband got home so he could re-thread the whole seat when the straps were too low on her growing shoulders.

Evenflo Infinite Slide Harness

The other new feature on the Triumph 65, is the tightening mechanism for the harness. Most car seats have a traditional pull strap in between the child's legs.  The Triumph 65 has a tension knob on either side of the car seat.  I heard some other mother's didn't like this feature, however my husband and I have had no problems with it at all. You can tighten from one side or the other (don't have to do both) and the release is on the same knob. 



So, far, even though it's been around 90+ degree weather here in Texas, I'm not noticing my little peanut getting overly hot in this car seat - which is a problem we had to deal with in her infant car seat for some reason. Keeping baby cool, is a BIG plus in my book.



Pros and Cons
  • Pro - Won't have to buy another seat until she's 4-5 years old! (Weight: 5lbs to 65 lbs)
  • Pro - Latch System for easy installation.
  • Pro - Nice neutral color, so we can reuse whether a boy or a girl comes along next.
  • Pro - Infinite Slide Harness - don't have to re-thread harness as child grows.

  • Con - Shoulder straps are not padded - need to buy strap covers to minimize irritation.
  • Con - Top tether strap, did not tighten down as well we we'd like to automobile anchor.
  • Con - Tension knob is a bit loud (could wake a light sleeper).

At the end of the day, we are really happy about our experience with the Evenflo Triumph 65,  and our little peanut seems to be pleased as a peach to have a new "big girl" seat! Thank you, Evenflo!


Available at the following retailers

Visit Evenflo
 
 



*Disclosure: This was not a paid post. The products used to facilitate this review were given to me free of cost by the company.  However, all opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced by the complimentary product received. As I am under no obligation to post a positive review if I feel it is not warranted.

6 comments :

  1. I would rear face him. He looks tiny. The AAP now recommends at least toll 2 but the longer the safer. Without those shoulder pads. His straps to be tighter & chest clip on chest. Armpit level. These mistakes happen a lot :) good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please consider rear facing this sweet boy! He would be so much better protected. It's scientifically proven to be over 500% safer for a child his size/age. Forward facing makes him more likely to experience severe injury or death in the event of a collision. Just because it is legal doesn't mean it is what is safest...the law is the BARE minimum. His legs will be fine. Feet touching the seat is not dangerous at all. Even if it were, broken legs are much better than a broken neck!! Also, the after market strap covers aren't safe to use..using them actually voids the warranty on the seat. Please read the manual and heed the warnings for the safety of your child! You called your husband a "safety FREAK"...but I think he's got a way to go to earn that title. ;) If either of you are interested, I can provide you with some great resources that cite the research behind the AAP's recommendation to rear face to a minimum of 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them. 5 point harness booster seat over 40 pounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bear through a awesome vacancy. I sanity definitely quarry it moreover personally suggest to my buddys. I am self-possessed they determination be benefited from this scene. net worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good article about sear belts for kids. You can find solvit pet ramp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post. Just Need This Post.I Have Read Your Article its Amazing Thanks For Sharing Your Knowledge..
    Best Single Pin Bow Sights

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!