McKinney Mommas: dulce by LaDUNI - Twice in One Week! Restaurant Review - McKinney, TX Google+

Monday, July 23, 2012

dulce by LaDUNI - Twice in One Week! Restaurant Review - McKinney, TX

dulce by LaDUNI - Fairview

I stopped in here for lunch with my parents from out of town the other day on the fly....should I admit we ended up returning TWICE in one week!?

dulce by LaDUNI boasts a cute little bistro setting for lunch, as the larger formal dining area is closed off until dinner hours. They have a little patio too for those rare days when the weather is nice enough to sit outside!

On the first trip, we tried their Latin paninis. The Grilled Goucho Chicken Sandwich was fantastic on a fresh ciabiatta roll with avocado and tasty manchego cheese. So was the Peruvian Chancho with crispy pork (so juicy and flavorful) with apple cider mayo.

I ordered a side of the Quinoa Salad for my 17-month old daughter, which she loved, including red bell pepper, tart cherries, cilantro, red onion in a melody of beautiful red quinoa.

The second trip we ordered the same sandwiches, PLUS the empanada of the day. My mother, a recipe contest winner, and all around fantastic cook said it was the best empanada she ever had. I agreed. Flaky crust, still crisp and not soggy with a beautiful filling of mushrooms and onions that were seasoned beautifully.

Oh, and this time we ordered a side of rice and black beans for my daughter. I think next time I'll just order up a double of THIS delectable side dish. Oh, geez my mouth was singing La Duni black bean praises for days. And let me tell you, it's not often I sing about black beans!

So, if you're shopping around the Village at Fairview anytime soon, stop off at Dulce by La Duni for a snack or lunch. They have delicious looking homemade artisanal vintage sodas, cupcakes, Latin beignets, and a huge selection of coffee drinks on their menu.

 The Village at Fairview Shopping Center
233 Town Place
Fairview, Texas 75069

* Disclosure: I was not compensated for this article. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!