McKinney Mommas: Nature's Bakery & Davidson's Organics Tea Party Playdate Google+

Monday, June 17, 2013

Nature's Bakery & Davidson's Organics Tea Party Playdate

I am always looking for themes for our kid's playgroup, so when Nature's Bakery and Davidson's Organics invited me to give their Rooibos Spiced Chai Tea and All-Natural Fig Bars a test run, I thought "TEA PARTY!"




Recently, my toddler has been totally into playing with her little tea set, and pouring mommy and daddy "hottt teaa", so I figured she'd be jazzed at the chance to invite some little friends over for a tea party playdate.

I was happy to find that Nature's Bakery Fig Bars are made with 100% all natural ingredients, so I felt good about serving it as a healthy snack to a bunch of our toddler friends.

I figured the tiny tots wouldn't really dig hot tea on a Texas summer day, so I made the Davidson's Organics Rooibos Spiced Chai Tea (caffeine-free) iced!  The kids were sweet, taking turns pouring (ie. spilling it) cups of tea for eachother, and most of them trying tea for the first time, really liked the couple of sips that made it to their mouths!


All the kids received bead necklaces to wear, and most of them dressed in their finest tea party hats, dresses and

..................yes, folks............BOWTIES!

Get a load of this dapper dan!



And these cutie patooties, dressed up for the party....








I should just stop here, because the cute overload is overwhelming me. Hee Hee. But wait, I have more to show you!






Gamma happened to be in town, so she helped me put on quite the spread of nutritious tea sandwiches, cookies, and pastries for our tea party guests to enjoy, of course the Nature's Bakery Fig Bars were one of the shining stars of the party.

We also had some fun indoor tea party playtime, and had the kids color and decorate tea pots that I found a template for online.


I kept hearing moms mention, things like "wow, I didn't think my kid would like a fig bar, but look he ate the whole thing" or "well, it's gone so I guess she liked it!" All I can say, is that at the end of the tea party, there were no fig bars left, so.......you do the math.

Nature's Bakery Fig Bars are available at Walmart, World Market & Sprouts in the following flavors: 
  • Whole Wheat Bluberry
  • Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon
  • Whole Wheat Fig
  • Whole Wheat Peach Apricot
  • Whole Wheat Raspberry Fig
  • Vanilla Fig
  • and Vanilla Raspberry Fig

Or use this store locator to find out where Nature's Bakery is available near you!
http://naturesbakery.com/store-locator




All of the moms and kids seemed to enjoy the Davidson's Organics Spiced Chai Tea, iced since it was such a hot day.  I'm sure in the colder months, a touch of cream or milk and honey would make this Spiced Chai Tea sing!




The Davidson's Organics Rooibos Spiced Chai tea was a great accompaniment to our gingerbread cookies, and orange cranberry cookies as well - and the Fig Bars were a great tea party snack for parents and kids alike. 


A healthy and delicious snack that both myself AND my kid likes? Now, that works for me!


Find Out More...

 Nature's Bakery - www.naturesbakery.com

Davidson's Organics - www.davidsonstea.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!