McKinney Mommas: Hormel® REV® Meat Snack Mix - High Protein On The Go Google+

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hormel® REV® Meat Snack Mix - High Protein On The Go

Disclosure: In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of the HORMEL™ REV™ Meat Snack Mix Program. For my participation, I’ll receive product and merchandise, but no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.

I'm always on the go. Dance class, speech, playgroup, you name it.  Most day's we're out the door by 10am.

Now, I've always been more of a savory snacker than a sweet lover, and was raised to know that protein was an important part of a healthy diet instead of relying on carbohydrates only.

However, most proteins seem to be perishable and are hard to pack for on-the-go purposes, right? Well, Hormel® has come up with a brand NEW solution for a high protein snack that's perfect for traveling.

Hormel® REV® Meat Snack Mix, comes in five different varieties and includes real meat, cheese, pita chips, crackers and/or pretzels. 



I love snacks with variety, so when I tried the Hormel® REV® Meat Snack Mix in Turkey Ranch flavor and saw it had pita chips, ranch seasoned breadsticks AND smoked turkey pieces I was excited to try them. 

It totally lived up to my expectations at offering me not just one monotonous snacking experience, but since there were a bunch of different snacks to try within one cup, it made me come back for more.


Reasons to Try Hormel® REV® Meat Snack Mix
  • They pack a walloping 8-12 grams of protein in each container
  • Only 200-230 calories
  • ZERO grams of trans fat
  • Better alternative than chips or candy for quick snacking on the go
  • Made with real meat
  • Perfect for transporting in a gym bag, purse or kid's backpack






Hormel® REV® Meat Snack Mix comes in the following flavors:
  • Pepperoni Pizza*
  • Spicy BBQ and Bacon
  • Honey Mustard Bacon
  • Turkey Ranch
  • Pepperoni & Cheese

I was sent (3) varieties to sample - Turkey Ranch, Pepperoni Pizza and Spicy BBQ & Bacon. 

*My favorite was the Pepperoni Pizza with cheese crackers & parmesan, tomato herb bagel chips and dried pepperoni pieces. 


Now, you're probably wondering how they package meat to be shelf stable. Well it's a freeze-dried sort of meat, not perishable like a pepperoni from the refrigerator section - very crunchy, kind of like a chip.  For having so many grams of protein, I found it to be pretty tasty!


McKinney Mommas' Note:  
Please be careful when serving to younger children, as my toddler while loving the snack cup, had a very difficult time chewing the meat pieces, especially from the Turkey Ranch variety.  




Where Can I Find Hormel®REV® Meat Snack Mix?

If you live in the #DFW area, aren't you a lucky sort!   

Hormel® decided to roll out this brand NEW product here at our Dallas Fort-Worth Area Kroger stores:
  • Kroger - Plano - 9700 Coit Rd, Plano, TX
  • Kroger - Allen - 1210 N GREENVILLE AVE, ALLEN TX 75002

....and at a suggested retail price of $2.29 this kind of protein rich snacking can't be beat!

1 comment :

  1. I loved these ! The pepperoni chips were so thin and crispy…was my have too ! Men loved the hot spicy bacon mix…I liked it too but I get wimpy with spice …and these packages last a long time to munch….perfect movie food ! xx00

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!