McKinney Mommas: Did Your Child Have a Glass of Water Today? WaterAid Google+

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Did Your Child Have a Glass of Water Today? WaterAid

How many glasses of water did you drink today?

Did you maybe leave one glass out overnight, and dump it this morning because it was "old?"

Look around your house right now, and tell me how many un-finished glasses of water you have. 

There are at least two that I can see from my chair.




I bet this little guy would have been overjoyed to have that "old" glass of water sitting on my sink.

Sure, we may have water restrictions here in Texas, but we never go thirsty.  


Here are a few numbers to think about:



800,000,000 

That's the number of people in the world without access to safe drinking water.

2,000

That's the number of children who die each day from easily preventable diseases related to contaminated water consumption.

2.5 billion

That's the number of people globally that don't have clean place to use the toilet.



WaterAid is making steps toward a solution, by assisting the world's poorest people in accessing sanitation and a safe water supply.  By working with local organizations, individuals and communities, WaterAid is finding affordable ways to educate and empower people in developing countries to obtain new safe water systems.

Show your Support

Follow WaterAid on:




Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way for this post. This post is part of my commitment in being a Mom Blogger for Social Good and member of the Global Team of 200. 
 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!