Check out my review, here.
Premama and MomSelect, offered to sponsor a "Premama Beverage Bash" so I could invite other moms in my playgroup to try the vitamin mix and see what they thought.
I often attend or host a weekly playgroup anyway, so I figured I'd combine the two and make it a "Premama Mommy Party Playgroup."
What party, with pregnant and nursing mommas attending is complete without some tasty grub?
So, I decided to try my hand at making mini quiches for the first time. I went out and bought a little mini cupcake baking tray and grabbed a recipe from MomSelect and MommyParties, called "Mom's Mini Quiches."
|Mom's Mini Quiches -my new go-to party recipe!|
For a minute, while mixing up the dough for the crust, I got really nervous and thought it wasn't going to work out, and I'm more of a cook than baker, so thought I had gotten myself into a pickle.
Miraculously, with just a dusting of flour on my fingertips, I was able to tell that dough who the boss was and in a snap I was done. The recipe was really quite easy, and I think I might have eaten more of these little fellas than the pregnant mommas - needless to say it was a hit.
Mom's Mini Quiches
- 1 1/4 cups biscuit mix (or (1) 6oz. pkg (I used Pioneer brand)
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 c. half & half
- 1 egg
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded swiss cheese (I used an italian blend)
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, chopped finely
- Heat oven to 375F. Generously grease 24 mini muffin cups w/ cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir biscuit mix and butter until blended. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms. Press rounded teaspoonfull of dough on bottom and up sides of each muffin cup (here's where I needed a dusting of flour on the fingers)
- In a small bowl, beat half & half and egg until well blended. Stir in onions, salt and red pepper. Spoon 1 & 1/2 tsp egg mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle cheese over tops.
- Bake about 20 minutes until edges are golden brown and centers are set. Cover; refrigerate any remaining appetizers.
|Mom's Mini Quiches & Homemade Chocolate Donut Holes|
|Party punch & Premama|
Back to the party. I made a sweet juice punch, with orange juice, apple-cranberry frozen concentrate, and ginger ale for us to mix the Premama Prenatal Vitamin Drink into. The prenatal vitamin is made to be mixed into your favorite beverage, so you could do lemonade, iced tea or just about whatever liquid your little heart desires.
|Hummus & Veggies|
I also served a little veggie plate with hummus dip, to make sure these mommas get their daily quota of veggies into their diet.
My next mission is to make my own hummus. I've heard it's quite simple!
|Kiddos playing with puzzles & learning to take turns|
|A pregnant momma guest & daughter snacking|
All of the mommas agreed to try Premama Prenatal Vitamin Drink Mix for the first time. One of the moms, isn't a fan of ginger, and mentioned she could detect a light ginger taste. Another pregnant momma, finished her punch with Premama mixed in, and said she didn't notice a flavor at all!
Overall, the consensus was that Premama was a great alternative to taking those big nasty prenatal "horse pills."
|Premama comes in convenient individually wrapped packets|
Now, let's exercise our "pregnancy brains" with some Pregnant & Nursing Momma Trivia
Questions:1. True or False? Women should not begin taking a prenatal vitamin until she has conceived.
2. Which of the following helps provide energy?
a. folic acid b. ginger root c. biotin d. B vitamins
3. True or false? Vitamin D3 supports bone health for the mom only
4. Which of the following helps prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord?
a. calcium b. Iron c. folic acid d. DHA
5. Which of the following fish contains the highest level of mercury and should be avoided during pregnancy?
a. tilapia b. salmon c. catfish d. swordfish
6. True or False? Women need around 600 extra calories per day during pregnancy
7. Where do women typically gain the most weight during pregnancy?
a. blood b. breasts c. retained water d. fat and protein
8. Which vitamin may help protect against preeclampsia during pregnancy
a. coenzyme Q10 b biotin c. choline d. magnesium
1. False - Prenatal Vitamins are most effective when taking during conception, pregnancy & breastfeeding
2. d. B Vitamins
3. False - Vitamin D3 supports bone health for both momma and baby
4. c. Folic Acid
5. d. Swordfish
6. False - Each pregnancy is different, but most women typicaly need about 300 extra calories per day
7. d. Fat and Protein
8. Coenzyme Q10
How many did you get correct?
I got 7/8, right. Not too shabby, if I don't say so myself!
At the end of the party, all of the mommas who attended, were happy to receive a 30-day supply of Premama to take home with them.
Thank you to Premama and MomSelect for sponsoring such a fun Premama Mommy Party Playgroup - our own bodies and babies are healthier for it!
For more information about Premama visit: http://www.drinkpremama.com/
*Disclosure: I received a Premama Party Kit to facilitate this MommyParty, including samples, a beverage pitcher and a gift card to purchase beverages. However, all opinions are 100% my own and I am not under any obligation to write a positive review.