McKinney Mommas: Montessori In The Home - Lesson: Cleaning With Bissell Google+

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Montessori In The Home - Lesson: Cleaning With Bissell


"Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere.....clean up, clean up, everybody do your share".

Sound familiar? 

It's the song we sing in our home multiple times a day. 

With two toddlers in the house who get a thrill out of making messes, I figured it's high time they get in on the cleaning action and Bissell Perfect Sweep Turbo was just the ticket I was looking for.


Now, I know the photos above may look a little like manual labor, but she's actually having a blast helping mommy clean up.  


One of the basic philosophies in Montessori early childhood education is that all children are eager to "work", and that many tasks that adults now find burdonsome or boring (aka. chores) young children thrive at wanting to master.


Washing, scrubbing, and vacuuming are all practical life skills that are the building blocks for all kinds of cognitive skills like:
  • concentration
  • sequencing and order of tasks
  • positive self care and hygiene


Of course it's best to get started on these skills early, before they have the chance to hear older siblings or playmates complaining about "chores". 
 


I will be honest.  When I first got the Bissell Perfect Sweep Turbo, I thought....."meh" anything that needs to be screwed together like this, and doesn't have a permanent cord attached isn't going to do much in my daily toddler tornado cleanup needs. 

I was wrong.

This little sweeper has not left my side since I received it over a month ago.  Honestly, it's the only thing I use now on the kitchen tile after meals, on the carpet after snacktime and well....everywhere.

Now, it's not a wet/dry vac, but I'll tell you I've picked up frozen peas, tiny grains of cooked couscous, grapes, and other varieties of toddler finger food with ease (just be sure to dump out the receptacle  and dry it so no fuzzies start to grow).  

With the back issues I've developed recently (L5 pars fracture and spondylolisthesis), sweeping and bending over with the dustpan is a killer - so this Bissell sweeper was a total godsend at the perfect time.

Why Bissell Perfect Sweep Turbo?
  • Up to 60 minutes of cordless cleaning time 
          (you don't have to worry about the kiddos running over the power cord) 
 
  •  Made for carpets, rugs and hard wood
             (don't have to purchase multiple vacuums for multiple floor types)

  • Easy to remove dirt container
         (no refill bags, easy for kids to learn how to use as well)

  • Totally affordable (under $50 bucks)



So, make clean up time fun for the whole family. Throw a handkerchief on your head and teach your kiddos the importance of taking care of your home with @bissellclean #sweepers pride.


"Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere"



For more information on Bissell sweeper products visit: www.bissell.com/sweepers

And stay tuned for updates and promotions at Bissell's Facebook page: facebook.com/bissell or on TWITTER @bissellclean.


1 comment :

  1. I read your article very carefully. I think you should also write an article about it motor. This will be beneficial for others I guess thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!