~ TEXAS ~
For being the largest state - minus Alaska - in the country, I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of local cheese available here in Texas, since making the move, 3 years ago.
|Photo courtesy of: purelucktexas.com|
I was excited to come across Antonelli's Cheese Shop in my "local research" online. I only wish they had a sister store here in Dallas! Located in historic Hyde Park and owned by a husband and wife team, this local Texas cheese shop probably has one of the largest selections of Texas cheese available under one roof.
If you have the pleasure of visiting (or living in) Austin, Texas - go take a gander at this store and give us all the cheesy details (don't forget to tell them that McKinney Mommas sent you.)
If you're interested in trying more local TEXAS cheeses, take a look at this list:
- Blue Heron Farm - Field Store, TX
- Brazos Valley Cheese - Waco, TX
- Caprino Royale - Waco, TX
- Cheesemakers, Inc - Montgomery County, TX
- Cheesy Girl - Kemah, TX
- CKC Farms - Blanco, TX
- Dos Lunas Artisan Cheese - Austin, TX
- Eagle Mountain Farmhouse Cheese - Granbury, TX
- Frerichs Diary - La Grange, TX
- Full Quiver Farms - Kemp, TX
- Latte Da Dairy - Flower Mound, TX
- Lucky Layla - Plano, TX
- The Mozzarella Company - Dallas, TX
- On Pure Ground Dairy - Bonham, Tx
- Pure Luck Farm & Dairy - Dripping Springs, TX
- Sand Creek Farm - Cameron, TX
- Strykly Texas Cheese - Schulenburg, TX
- Swede Farm - Field Store Community, TX
- WaterOak Farms - Bryan, TX
- Veldhuizen Cheese - Dublin, TX
|Photo courtesy of: Etsy Shop - AHeirloom|
Have YOU tried any of the cheeses from these local Texas Cheesemakers?
We'd love to know what you think..........