Good Morning, Tuesday!
Both kids up before 7am, made some homemade muffins and got an art project all done...before 8am! Whew.
|My freshly baked muffins this morning, warm and delicious|
I looked up "applesauce muffins" on Allrecipes.com and found this recipe for Cranberry Applesauce Muffins. I added a few of my own touches, some ground clove, a touch of ginger, and the batter seemed pretty dry so I threw in some apple cider to moisten it up a bit!
McKinney Mommas Applesauce & Spiced Cider Muffins
- 1 c applesauce
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c apple cider
- 2 & 1/4 cups flour (divided)
- 1/2 c brown sugar (divided)
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (divided)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp butter (cold)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- Mix together applesauce, oil, egg and apple cider in a bowl. In another large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1/4 c brown sugar & 1/4 c white sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Fold in egg mixture until just moistened (don't over mix). Fold in cranberries. Spoon into muffin tins, about 2/3 full.
- To make Streusel topping: In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 c. flour, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Cut butter into small pieces and combine into flour mixture until small lumps form. Sprinkle Streusel mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Yahoo! Daddy got to take a hot muffin breakfast to go, and my little peanut chomped hers right down too!
* * *
Next up, some homemade decorations for Halloween!
|My window sportin' some cool handmade spiderwebs|
I found this Spiderweb Halloween craft on coolmompicks.com, and did mine in black and white, then hung them in a row with fishing wire.
Halloween decorations, done and done! All ready for the little goons to ring my doorbell tomorrow.
I'm not gonna lie, on these mornings I feel like SUPERMOM!