Monitoring Your Kids Online with Gecko Monitor
As your kids get to a certain age, the question arises as to how to introduce them to the internet. The age that you start to do this will, of course, vary from parent to parent and there is never one right answer. But there is software that can make the introduction a lot easier.
For kids of a very young age, parental control software maybe the route to go down; you can block all websites apart from very child friendly ones. But at some point, you'll want to trust your kids enough to let them loose on the web.
At this point, Computer Monitoring Software is something that can help put your mind at ease. Programs like Gecko Monitor are perfect for monitoring a number of situations. Most commonly monitoring employees on office computers and the kids and/or spouse on the home computer, both of which are simple and easy to set up and use.
Gecko Monitor is perfect for monitoring your kids online activities. Once downloaded and installed (a process which takes a matter of minutes) Gecko Monitor runs silently in the background, in complete stealth mode so that no-one knows it's running. To access the software, you type in a secret key combination and a user defined password, both of which only you know. This brings the software out of stealth mode so you can see what's been going on while you've been away.
Gecko Monitor monitors a number of activities and each feature has it's own tab running across the top of the window. The first thing to do when opening the software is to choose the date you wish to review the logs for. Here's exactly what Gecko Monitor logs:
- All applications used, along with the time and date of use.
- All websites visited, along with the time and date of the visit.
- All keystrokes entered, and the application or website they were entered into.
- All files & documents opened, saved, moved or deleted, along with the time and date.
- All documents printed, along with the time and date.
- Anything copied to the clipboard (anything copied and pasted)
- Takes screenshots of everything that's happened.
- Timeline feature, shows you an easy to read snapshot of what's been happening.
All of this is reported in an easy to read manner, and can even be emailed to you, so you can check what's been happening while your out of the house.
If you want to find out more, head to the Gecko Monitor website (http://www.GeckoMonitor.com) where you can download a free trial.
* Thank you to Lewis for writing this guest post *
Disclosure: From time to time, McKinney Mommas is compensated a small monetary amount for informational posts such as this.