|Can you spot the very pregnant McKinney Momma in this photo?|
Recognize that big guy in the yellow cowboy shirt?
That's "BIG TEX" the mascot of the State Fair of Texas, back in 2010, posing with me and my co-workers on a lunch break.
I've heard big Tex has donned some new spiffy duds for the fair this year though, so don't be surprised if you don't recognize him right away. Be on the lookout for some Red, White and Blue!
I've only been twice, since moving here, but have had a blast both times I went to the State Fair of Texas.
|Elsie the Cow representing Borden Milk giving me a kiss!|
Typically I'm known to steer my family and friends in the direction of healthy food and recipes in my daily life and also here at McKinney Mommas.
For the State Fair....all bets are off! They don't call it the Fried Food Capital for no reason!
It's best to just go with the flow....or FRY with this one!
Here's a sample of the winning dishes featured at the fair this year:
- Best Taste: Deep Fried Jambalaya
- Most Creative: Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll
- Chicken Fried Cactus Bites
- Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
- Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider
- Fried Mexican Fire Crackers
- Picnic on a Stick
- Fried Pork Wing
I'm no longer pregnant, but this McKinney Momma still can't wait to TRY a few of those fried delicacies....and I'm going to get to do just that, thanks to Maytag! They're giving me a few tickets to check out what's happening at the fair this year.
I'm going to be sure to check out the Maytag Celebrity Kitchen in the Creative Arts Building to see some cooking demonstrations, by over 100 local chefs and culinary experts!
How would YOU like to try some of the Fanciest Fried Food in the South?
Or, see local chefs like Tiffany Derry [Top Chef Contender] twirling their spatulas?
Win a Family Pack of (4) Tickets to the Texas State Fair
Giveaway ends: 10/15/12
- Leave a blog comment - "Which fried food are you looking forward to trying"
- Be sure to leave your email if not visible in your Google profile, so we can contact you if you win!
- Follow McKinney Mommas either by email, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus or Pinterest (you can choose one or all 5 methods) - leave a comment for each follow
GOOD LUCK and....See You At The Fair!