3-2-1 Penguins and Veggie Tales both are great shows, designed to teach children important life lessons and values.
There's nothing worse than needing a few minutes to get the bills paid, so you sit your kid down to watch a show, and there's nothing but mindless cartoons on.
Veggie Tales "Little Ones Can Do Big Things Too" is a great children's show that teaches about the dangers of bullying and roots for the underdogs. My daughter doesn't fully grasp the life lessons here, as she is only 1 & 1/2, but while watching, pointed at the "mean" bully and said "not nice." I used this time to explain to her about the power of being nice and standing up to people who are treating others wrongly on the playground.
Here's a preview:
3-2-1 Penguins is a cool show that my little one and I have been watching recently on NBC's qubo channel. The characters, Zidgel, Midgel, Fidgel and Kevin are a hilarious bunch of penguins that make up the crew of a spaceship traveling around the galaxy, along with two human characters [8 year old twins] running into moral dilemmas that they must overcome or learn from.
My toddler doesn't have the attention span to watch a whole episode, but we last through half of it or so. Long enough for me to try and point out a positive message or learning tool.
Here's a preview:
- Veggie Tales "Little Ones Can Do Big Things Too" - $12.99
- 3-2-1 Penguins! The Complete Season - $14.99
Enter to Win:
- Post a Blog Comment: "What character trait do you think is most important to teach your child"
- Entry Deadline: 10/26/12
- Follow McKinney Mommas either by email, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus or Pinterest (you can choose one or all 5 methods) - leave a comment for each follow
- LIKE Veggie Tales on Facebook
* Please be sure to leave your email if not visible in your google profile, so we can contact you if you win!