McKinney Mommas: Honest Tea - Fair Trade Certified and Honestly Refreshing! Google+

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Honest Tea - Fair Trade Certified and Honestly Refreshing!


I am honestly sad that this is the last day of October. 

No, not because Halloween will be over. It's because it's the end of McKinney Mommas' Fair Trade Forever promotion month!


I had an excellent time, researching and finding out more about Fair Trade and was inspired by how many companies I found that have committed themselves to operate with Fair Trade Certified ingredients and practices.

However, I hope that this won't be the last month I feature Fair Trade companies, as this is a movement that I'd like to be able to promote all year long!

* * *

Speaking of all year long, here's a product that you won't mind drinking from Summer to Fall, Winter to Spring and back again................

Honest Tea.



 
I have to be honest, I've been drinking Honest Tea for 8+ years now, but this is the first chance I have had to publicly announce my love affair with the product.

I first found this refreshingly delicious and thirst quenching iced tea when I was living on the east coast, in Connecticut.  Some of the cute little mom and pop shops where I'd grab lunch downtown started carrying Honest Tea.  

I am pretty sure that my first bottle was the Peach Oo-la-long. which I tried after being turned on to Oolong at a local tea workshop. I've never had a huge sweet tooth, so Honest Tea provided the perfect amount of natural tea flavor and only slightly sweet, which I loved.

Whenever I'd go out to lunch with my co-workers I'd chat up Honest Tea, and made believers out of quite a few of them!


Recently, Honest Tea transitioned all their Green, black, oolong, and white teas over to Fair Trade Certified™,which makes me want to support them even more.

If that's not enough.............



Now, how does that make you feel? Honest Tea's fair trade practices help to fund this school for children in a region that probably wouldn't otherwise have a school available for the children of these workers.

Now, that's what I like to see in a business mission these days. Honest Tea, you have outdone yourselves



Show 'em Some Love

Check out all the delicious flavors of Honest Tea at a store near you!


Do you have a Honest Tea tasting experience to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!