However, I'm recently re-discovering Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and all the ways it can light up old recipes, and bring zing to movie night snack time!
Most of you know, that I just had my second baby a few months ago, so cooking dinner is not an easy or leisurely process for me anymore. Did I mention "Big Sister" is only 19 months old?
Quick and Easy dinner recipes are on now on speed dial, or should be.
Keep reading to find out how you can WIN a Hidden Valley Ranch Movie Night Prize Package
I found a super easy recipe for Crunchy Baked Ranch Chicken on the Hidden Valley website and kicked it up a notch for my husband's slightly "snobby" palate.
Here's the recipe from the website:
- 4 chicken breast halves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ packet of Hidden Valley ® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the Hidden Valley ® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix. In a second shallow bowl, place the breadcrumbs. Dip each chicken breast in the ranch dressing mixture, removing any excess, and then dip in breadcrumbs. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Here's MY "kicked up a notch" version:
Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Ranch Chicken
Basically, prepare as above, except for these small changes:
- Use chicken tender strips or just cut the halves in half one more time
- Substitute the mayo (I don't like it) with good ol' prepared Ranch Dressing (enough to coat each piece)
- I used Cornflake crumbs instead of breadcrumbs, and seasoned them myself with a heavy sprinkling of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix.
- Mix up about a 1/2 cup of goat cheese and cooked spinach (I just used leftover spinach from dinner the night before)
- Slather the goat cheese and spinach mixture between 2 breaded chicken pieces (like a sandwich)
- Cook at 400 for 20 minutes and BOOM, you've got a fancy but SUPER easy dinner!
Now, I have time to sit down to a MOVIE for once, since dinner prep was so fast!
Seasoned Popcorn Recipe
For a quick and easy Movie Night snack, I made this popcorn for my hubby and me!
Seasoned Popcorn Recipe
- 1 bowl popped popcorn
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- Sprinkle buttered popcorn to taste with dry dressing mix.
. . . . .
Thank You Hidden Valley for making my dinner AND Movie Night snack quick and delicious!
Enter below for your chance to win one of 3 prize packages!
(3) Hidden Valley Ranch Movie Night Kits
· One-month Netflix Membership
· Popcorn Popper
· Popcorn Bowl
· Individual Popcorn Holders
· Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packets
· Recipe for HVR Popcorn
- Complete easy Rafflecopter Entry Form for your chance to WIN!
- Giveaway ends October 15, 2012
- THREE Winners will be chosen from eligible entries
*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I did receive a Hidden Valley Ranch sample from the company/PR representative. All opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced by the complimentary product received.