McKinney Mommas: A Double Stroller That Works - Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller [Review] Google+

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Double Stroller That Works - Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller [Review]

And a baby makes two!

Two babies that is, in two years means this McKinney Momma is going to need some extra special baby gear to make it through the first year with my sanity still intact.

While doing some research on double strollers, I came across an American, family-run stroller company based locally in Dallas, Texas - Joovy.

 

They had a number of options for double strollers, in particular I was looking for a tandem stroller, since I just feel like these are more maneuverable than the side-by-side versions.

The Caboose Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller, caught my eye because of it's modern styling.  Honestly, I had been reluctant to shop for a stroller previously because many of the designs I've seen lately are too "foofy" for me.  Even though I have two girls, I'm not into the heart or flower prints. 


Joovy Greenie Caboose Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller


The lovely folks at Joovy gave me a chance to give the Caboose Ultralight a test run! 


Here's what I found:


Lightweight - only 21 lbs!

The Caboose Ultralight Stroller's built in seats are made for infants 6 months and up, and since Baby O. is only 4 months, we installed the universal car seat adapter.  It clicks in easily into the spot that a child's tray for snacks and sippy cups will go when she's older. 

The Joovy website has a list of over 25 car seat brands and models that are compatible with this stroller. Our Chicco Keyfit 30 works great in the space, and straps in just fine with the attached strap. 



Big Sister H. in the Caboose Too Rear Seat Attachment

Now, the back seat of this stroller initially comes as a basic bench seat, so your child, 2 1/2 years or older can choose to ride on the bench seat, stand on the platform or walk beside you. Great for independent kids!

However, since "Big Sister H." is only 21 months, and would likely "jump ship" if she had the choice there is an option to purchase the Caboose Too Rear Seat for her to ride in until she's a bit older. Complete with a 5-point harness, the Caboose Too Rear Seat fits children from 6 months to 45 pounds.


Caboose Too Rear Seat Attachment


I was able to install the Caboose Too Rear Seat easily, with a few folds, snaps and loops.  Once installed, there is a tension strap on the back that can adjust the back seat to recline or sit up straight if your bambinos get tired.

Did I mention I was also able to build the stroller myself, since my hubby was out of town? The directions were simple to follow and I was pretty proud of my accomplishment when I was done!
 
Storage basket with mesh pockets and wheels that can lock

The storage basket underneath the stroller has space for a blanket, and a few toys or books, plus mesh pockets on each side.  With "Big Sister H's" feet hanging down into the basket, there isn't much room left for swag, but we'll cope until "Baby O" moves out of the car seat adapter and into her own seat - which will make for more open space.




Parent Organizer - aka. cup holder & cellphone or keys compartment

The Joovy Parent Organizer at the top of the stroller handle has a nice zippered pouch where I like to keep my cell phone.  There are two pockets for drinks or sippy cups
made out of machine washable neoprene.

I'm happy about the machine washable part, because my drink, filled to the brim spilled on our first outing. Oops.


Using the car seat adapter and Caboose Too Rear Seat

One option I fell in love with is the oversized sun shade that comes standard on the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller. This sun visor, can be adjusted back and forth to shade one baby or both, depending on the direction of the sun or glare. Fantastic!

Compared to other strollers, this sun shade is the King.....or Queen of shades in my book!



Side view with sun shade folded up

As you can see in the photo above, when using the car seat adapter for a newborn, the front seat has to be reclined which doesn't leave a lot of room for Big Sister or Big Brother in the back. 

It's not a deal breaker, but I imagine this stroller will feel better for both of my kiddos when Baby O. moves to the front seat without the car seat at 6 months, or when she's sitting independently.


Ultra compact design for a double stroller

Whatever the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller lacks for in size, it makes up in maneuverability. This 21 pound stroller is totally manageable for me to use with both of the kids, even when I don't have the hubby around to lift it into the trunk. 

Did I mention I drive a small Honda Civic?  The stroller fits in the car trunk, and yes I can lift it in there all by myself, ladies! 

I've gone up and over curbs easily, all the while packing a bunch of junk in the bottom storage compartment. So for being lightweight, this stroller seems to be holding it's own just fine!

I'm a fan.  Thanks for making me a new member of the family, Joovy!


Show 'em Some Love




.......................and we're off!




*Disclosure: I was not paid for this post. The products used to facilitate this review were given to me free of cost by the company for evaluation.  However, all opinions are 100% my own and I am not under any obligation to write a positive review.

4 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mοnday nіght is рizza nіght
    at οur house, ωith Mom's homemade vegetable pizza at the top of the list of favorites. After you'vе got
    the cгust rоlled out, transfer it to уοur pan or pizza stone.
    It should be sprеad onto the pizza stοne oг
    pan in a layer lеss than an inch thicκ, and then the squash crust will neеԁ tο be baked fоr at lеast 20 minutеs before puttіng toppіngs оn it and bаking again.


    Mу web site - www.puvr.Com
    Also see my website :: yuplay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No οbѕtacle - they alѕo acκnoωleԁgе dіsh washing, ocean entгance hоmeѕ, and dеsk ԁancing (in acсordance to thе menu, which is еntire of wittу tіdbіts.
    These products are ordіnaгily ѕeen in аll
    forms of homeѕ, even indіvіdualѕ that аren't intended to be 'greеn'. The wall panels can be introduced in hallways, doorways, and shining straight as a dance flooring.

    Also visit my homepage :: http://mouthyew10.soup.io

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you still happy with it down the road? I'm considering adding the rear recline seat for use with a Car seat at front. was it awkward having the baby up front before 6months? That's my concern. Additions would be great instead of buying another stroller especially when I love my Joovy and it's only a bit over a year old. Thanks any input would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!