Okay, maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich you could serve that quick.
But how about a Classic Risotto?
Behold, Bertolli Classic Risottos!
If you read McKinney Mommas often, you'll know that I actually like to cook from scratch a lot. However, there are nights that with my baby and toddler....a full meal cooked from scratch is simply not an option!
Bertolli Roasted Chicken Risotto
This is complicated, so follow along closely!
- Open bag
- Pour bag into skillet and cover
- Cook for 12 minutes, stir occasionally
- Spoon into a bowl or plate and serve!
It's really that easy. My toddler could make this meal....if we hadn't already taught her to stay away from the hot stove!
This Roasted Chicken Risotto was creamy and delicious, with a rich and silky parmesan cream sauce covering the asparagus, portabello mushrooms and zucchini. I love meals that incorporate a veggie, starch and protein, and this one has it all!
Even my hubby, who I like to say has a "snobby palate" liked this delicious risotto paired with a glass of crisp white wine and crusty bread!
* * *
Next, Bertolli Garlic Shrimp Risotto
Have I convinced you that making these Bertolli Classic Risottos is easy as pie?
Or, do I have to show you the steps again?
|Look at the beautiful colors of those flash frozen vegetables!|
- Open bag (please use scissors instead of your teeth) heh. heh.
- Pour contents into pan (non-stick skillet)
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes on medium high heat
|Can't you just taste that garlicky shrimp?|
- Spoon into two dishes or bowls.
- Don't worry about dishes because there's only (1) pan!
Zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers make this dish a delight to the eyes as well as the tastebuds!
Just a few notes:
- The Bertolli Classic Risottos are meant to feed two. It really only feeds two, so be sure to have some bread or a salad if you want your honey and you to be filled up.
- Directions say to cook for 12 minutes, but my hot stove seemed to get the job done in only 9-10. So, be sure to check and take the pan off when all the ingredients are hot or cooked to 165 degrees.
- Bertolli Classic Risottos can be found in the freezer aisle at your grocery store.
Show 'em Some Love
- Learn more at http://www.villabertolli.com/
- LIKE Bertolli on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Bertolli
- FOLLOW Bertolli on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/Bertolli
~ GIVEAWAY ~
Prize: (2) Bertolli Meals / Risottos or Meal Soups
(in the form of (2) coupons for FREE Bertolli Meal or Meal Soups - up to $9.99 each)
Retail Value: $20
- Entry deadline: Nov 30, 2012 at 11:59pm
- To Enter: Complete Rafflecopter entry form below (only 1 mandatory entry)
*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. The products used to facilitate this review were given to me free of cost by the company for evaluation. However, all opinions are 100% my own and I am not under any obligation to write a positive review.