Since I got pregnant October of last year, he has stepped in, making most dinners for our family. Yes, he works a full-time job and then comes home and cooks a lovely meal for our family!
I'd like to return the favor once in awhile, but with a 4 month old, and 21 month old it's not easy to get dinner ready by the time he gets home....or sometimes at all!
Campbell's Skillet Sauces are a new product that will help busy moms like me who like to cook, but don't have time for making sauces by scratch, whip up a great dinner in no time flat!
Campbell's Skillet Sauces
- Creamy Chipotle with Roasted Corn & Black Beans
- Fire Roasted Tomato with Red Bell Peppers & Chiles
- Marsala with Mushrooms & Garlic
- Scampi with White Wine & Garlic
- Thai Green Curry with Lemongrass & Basil
- Toasted Sesame with Garlic & Ginger
The instructions on the package, are very simple:
You Will Need:
- 1 TBSP. Vegetable Oil
- 1 LB. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast, cut into strips
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium -high heat
2. Add chicken and cook until browned
3. Stir in sauce and heat to boil. Reduce to low, cover and cook 5 min or until chicken is cooked through
Serve over rice or pasta. Simple as that!
* * *
Check out what McKinney Mommas made with Campbell's Skillet Sauces!
Thai Green Curry Tofu with Basil
Ready to wow your family with this simple dish?
I started out with a package of tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes and cooked in 1 Tbsp. of Peanut Oil in a Medium-High skillet until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
* Tip: When you take the tofu out of the package, wrap in a paper towel for a minute and squeeze lightly, to absorb some of the moisture.
I added one zucchini for color. More importantly, it's a good source of fiber and vitamins C and A. Gotta love your veggies, people!
Open pouch and pour Campbell's Thai Green Curry Skillet Sauce into pan.
Added some fresh basil from my garden, for a great fresh flavor. Yum.
Stir and reduce heat to low, bring to a simmer, cook about 2 minutes or until ingredients are hot.
|McKinney Mommas' Thai Green Curry Tofu w/ Basil|
We served our Thai Green Curry Tofu with Basil made with Campbell's Skillet Sauces over white rice and sprinkled with some black sesame seeds on top.
I can't believe how easy this was to whip together, and a great change up from all the same flavors we usually cook with!
- Honestly, we were both surprised that Campbell's came through with a pretty authentic green curry flavor. We both really liked the taste of the Thai Green Curry sauce, and it had a fantastic spicy kick to it!
- CAUTION: Probably too spicy for most children. Not for the faint of heart - but that's what's great about curry!
- The sauce was a bit on the sweet side for our liking. If it's any consolation, our household typically lowers any sugar content in recipes as we just don't like things very sweet. So, in general others may not agree.
After this positive experience in the kitchen, cooking with Campbell's Skillet Sauces I can't wait to try the Marsala with Mushrooms & Garlic!
For more information, please visit www.CampbellSauces.com.
Which of the (6) Campbell's Skillet Sauces are you looking forward to trying?
Disclosure:This is a sponsored post. Campbell supplied me with the product so I could post about my experience. However, all opinions are 100% my own, and I am not under any obligation to write a positive review if it is not warranted.